Thorneloe Lodge Surgery aims to create an environment where we provide the best care possible for our patients within the constraints of the NHS.
It is our wish that all patients feel supported and cared for, by staff and clinicians with a desire to provide the highest quality of care possible.
Thorneloe Lodge Surgery aims to achieve this by:
- Providing the highest possible standard of primary care treatment for all patients through consultations, examinations and treatment of medical conditions.
- Caring for patients in a safe and effective environment
- Treating patients honestly and respecting their confidentiality, privacy and dignity at all times
- Providing a service delivered by staff who respect diversity, equality and differing patient needs at all times
- Nurturing an environment which provides a welcoming, listening and responsive service, resulting in a positive experience and outcome for our patients
- Acting with care and compassion, and in the best interests of the patient
- Continually striving to improve services through effective management, leadership and guidance
- Understanding the needs of our patients and involving them in decisions and self-management of their health care
- Maintaining and improving access to appropriate medical services for patients with acute and chronic conditions
- Continuing to improve accessibility to information for patients using appropriate technologies and correspondence
- Caring for those who are terminally ill with dignity and providing them with patient centred care in close liaison with families, other health care providers and multi-disciplinary teams
- Creating an environment of shared learning and experiences for both clinical and non-clinical staff, resulting in on-going improvements to patient care
- Developing and maintaining a happy, friendly and motivated practice team through excellent leadership, management, training and support
- Maintaining and reviewing policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure they meet the changing needs of legislation and the service
- Engaging with our patients and their views through our Patient Participation Group, Patient Surveys and suggestions
- Promoting healthy lifestyles in order to encourage prevention of chronic illness and disease.